Friday, March 14, 2008

Time Out

So maybe Time out is working too good for us.... Let me backtrack and explain that Sarah is very addicted to her binky and we are trying to wean her away from it except for sleeping.... So this morning I found an extra binky in her room and as we tend to always be loosing binkies I put it on the banister so I could take it downstairs and clean it and put it back in the rotation for use. Well miss Sarah wanted that binkie in the worst way..... She cried and stomped her feet and cried some more and was having quite the temper tantrum. I kept saying to her Sarah- no you do not need your binkie. I then moved on into my room to get dressed and to get KAtie dressed as well. With that I can here the binkie moving-(it has a little handle thing that moves and jangles against the other piece) and Sarahs crying stopped.

So I step out into the hallway and I see Katie and I see Sarah with her binkie in her mouth. I look at KAtie and say who gave her that binkie? She say I did - she was crying mommy. I said I know Katie - but I told her she could not have it- did you hear me say that? She shakes her head yes and with that goes down to the end of the hallway. I look at her and said why are you runing away from me? Jim who was watching from the bathroom door goes- dont you realize where she is? And he looks at Katie and says yes Katie- 1 minute time out. She put herself in timeout! Too cute. After she got out she came over to me and said I am sorry Mommy that I gave Sarah her binkie boo- why did you not want her to have it? So I then sat down and explained that we are trying to prepare Sarah for the binkie fairy that is going to come and take her binkies like she did for Katie and give them to the new babies....

No comments: