Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Easter Egg Hunt

So this past Saturday we went on our Easter egg hunt at the daycare or what I like to callthe big candy free for all. It literally is this small squared off area that they throw a ton of candy, some little toys and a couple Easter eggs that have prizes in them....

I was curious to see how this would work out- last year we went was our first one. Katie was so funny, she would pick up a piece of candy one by one and bring it back to me grinning ear to ear over it. This year was no different. She still did pieces one by one. So delicate and dainty with
it....

As this was Sarahs first year doing this - I was curious to see how she would act. Yeah, she lived up to my nickname of bulldozer. She just kept going round and round the area picking up handfuls of candy and when she could get no more would return to Jim and I to place in her basket. Apparently she likes tootsie rolls because that is the majority of candy she went for....

I have to say- My mommy competitveness comes out during these things. I was workingwith Katie and would say - Katie- do want Tootsie pops- there is one over there- go get it and this little brat- umm I mean little boy would go running over and grab it.. But afterwards I was talking to another mother of a little girl in Katies age group and we could not get over how many parents go in the area with their kids and scoop the stuff up for their kid. It only seems to be Katies age group though-as this happened last year.....

The girls also had the opportunity to meet the Easter bunny. Katie did really good and eventually sat on his lap where as Sarah was a NO GO..... So she sat on Jims lap next to the bunny and that was as close as she was getting

No comments: