Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Interesting day

So both girls has pnuemonia several weeks ago. The 2nd time in under six months. Despite the fact that it is running rampid our dr wanted to play it safe and rule out Cystic Fibrosis. In order to do this - the girls had to go for a sweat test. We went for that today. Its a relatively uninvasive procedure. Basically they warm your arm and then put this little disc on to catch the sweat. But you know how you just have a feeling?? Yeah- Sarah they were able to get a little sweat- Katie none. Which didnt surprise Jim or I - the girl does not sweat - except for her feet- and I swear- all her sweat comes out in her feet. When she comes home from daycare her socks are usually socked with sweat. So now we go again Friday. Hopefully I should have some answeres on Sarah tomorrow.

And in conjuction with the pnuemonia. Katie is still coughing this cruddy cough. We took her back to the drs yesterday and they put her back on antibiotics- a liquid form of Zithromax. She hates it. She keeps spitting it out. Tonite when I gave it to her- I tried bribing her with chocolate. She finally finished the medicne and said- please I dont want nothing. Well that took the wind out of my sails- apparently this medicine tastes so bad that not even chocolate could convince her to take it. And that is hard to believe since this same little girl tells me eveytime she has a boo-boo- chocolate make it feel better mama!

No comments: