Saturday, July 18, 2009

What A Week!!

We have had a crazy and busy week this past week. First and foremost the girls started swim lessons and its been rough to say the least. Sarah has done ok with it but Jim or I have been in the water with her. But she loves the water to begin with. Katie has a love/hate relationship with water and HATES to get her face wet. So there were many tears this week when it was time to go under water and blow bubbles... She gets in the water on her own with her class and instructers (no parents in the water) so its been rough for her..... We did have a decent lesson on Friday and she did pretty good... Now we are off for 2 days so I am not sure what Monday will bring.

On Tuesday I went with my next door neighbor to a garden party and a progressive dinner. We got to see some amazing gardens and enjoy some yummy food. The one garden we went to seriously reminded me of the secret garden...

Wednesday I ran to Dushore to meet Lisa and pick up Courtney and then we came back, had dinner and then went to see the new Harry potter movie. It was sooo good. We both loved it. I thought the director did a great job and brought a lot of humor to the movie which it needed as there are some really dark points to the movie.

Thursday we ran back to Dushore to hand Courtney back off to Lisa and then came home and after swim lessons came home and had Jims friends and their 5 kids over for dinner. All the kids had a blast playing together. And it was so nice to meet Jims friends and hang out with them.

Friday the girls and I just kinda hung out at home since we were all kind of tired from our week and the late nite we had on Thursday. After swim lessons we went to our good friends the Speichers for dinner. We had a wonderful meal and the girls had a great time playing together....

The girls were thrilled this week when Bear returned from conneticut and brought them their favorite character bubble bath. However Sarah I dont think understood what it was, because after spilling it on my carpet we heard her in the bathroom crying and saying This dont taste good. Here is princess bubble bath and its pink. The same color as her princess toothpaste! Yup she tried to brush her teeth with it! After rinsing her toothbrush for awhile and making her repeatedly rinser her mouth, we hid the bubble bath....

Tonite I went to get a cannolli out of the fridge and ended up dropping a plate on my foot. It landed vertically on my foot- down below my big toe. Its bruised really badly and swollen....

Well, all those who made fun of me with the van and the kid playing soccer- its gets worse! This week we got a e-mail from the guy who runs the league- they needed more coaches - wanna guess who volunteered??? NOT ME! Jim did!!! Guess its a good thing we have that van now huh???

On a very sad note,. I am sorry to say that we got a phone call from Jim's aunt in Conneticut letting us know that his grandmother had passed away. Funeral services will be later this week. Jim and I are so thankful that we took the girls up to see her about a month ago!

No comments: