Thursday, July 2, 2009

Joe Pa town

Last week while Courtney was down, Jim decided to take a few days off and take us all down to Happy Valley for the day. For those of you not from the area- that's State College, PA home to PSU and Katie's most favorite person in the whole wide world- her beloved Joe Pa. First up was a trip to Beaver stadium which is so overwhelming in person and to the statue of her beloved Joe Pa. I would love to share pictures of that with you, but My camera's setting was accidentally knocked to the wrong position and my pictures that I took were all over exposed... BOO! But on the good side I told Jim we need to take another ride down there to get pictures with her and Joe Pa again :)

After a trip to Joe Pa we went to main campus and took a little walk till we found the lion shrine... Here are some pics from there:
The story of the Nittany Lion
The lion:
Cousin Courtney on the lion
Katie near the Lion
Katie, Mommy and Sarah - Sarah would not sit on it by herself...
We then went and got some lunch and shopped downtown before returning to campus to go to the creamery. This is one of my most favorite places now on the PSU campus! They make homemade ice cream and it is delish! Plus they make a whole slew of other products like cheese and such. You may or may not know that Ben and Jerry attended a workshop on how to make ice cream from Penn State. So that should tell you how yummy their stuff is. After that we headed back home. When I asked Katie if she had fun, she said yes dis is a fun town to visit but I think I would like even more to LIVE here. Lol. Maybe one day Katie bugs.... Then this past week as I was uploading pictures she came over and said hey are those the pictures form Joe Pa town?
Lol!

No comments: