Thursday, July 2, 2009

Turtles, Butterflies and Snakes OH MY!

We also visited Clyde Peelings Reptile Land recently. A place I swore I would NEVER EVER visit. Why would you who is deathly afraid of snakes and all things that are creepy ever go to such a place? Well, because they have a butterfly exhibit!
We had a rough start because we (the girls and Courtney and I) met up with our friends Miss Kim and Katie and went right for the live show. They do quite the graphic slide show then they bring out live animals that you can touch and ask questions of. Our Katie was freaking out. They brought out a baby alligator first and she was ok - she refused to touch it but was ok with being in the room.... Then they brought out the boa constrictor and our sweet little girl began to get hysterical. And when she gets upset, Sarah feeds off of it. So for every one's best interest, I took both girls out and told the others we would be by the turtles.... The turtles made them happy.... How could you not be happy with this little guy sunning himself?
Or this big guy eating his lunch?
The 2 Katies look at the big turtles.. Yeah I know I am not calling them the right thing... Forgive me!
Soon the live show ended and we took a walk over to the butterfly exhibit. This is just so neat and so much fun. Butterflies just fluttering all around you... Every where you look, they are there. I am really excited over some of the shots that I got!
The girls had so much fun looking at all the butterflies...
Then it was time to head indoors to look at all those animals... Um yeah I don't have a lot from indoors cause it is pretty much snakes and well, see above.... But here is a picture of the girls looking at a snapping alligator turtle.
This picture just cracks me up every time I look at it. Katie and the Gecko...
Overall I was impressed with how well the girls did and after we ate our lunch, the girls asked to go back to the butterfly house and see the indoor exhibits again as well! Somehow in a moment of weakness, I agreed to take our Katie and Courtney back for Bat weekend.. Gulp... well I have plenty of time to get brave - right? Right??

No comments: