Thursday, July 9, 2009

10 on Thursday

Another week of summer has passed and its hard to believe its still so comfortable. We have not had one day of 90 degrees this summer... So without further ado here is my 1o:

1. Because of all the cool and rainy weather, we were able to harvest our first crop from the garden. Yummy lettuce! The girls started out liking it- I had to keep an eagle eye on Sarah cause she kept sampling and then putting it back. But now they are saying they don't like it...

2. As much as Katie loves boy stuff - she is a squeamish girl when it comes to bug. She was all excited to pick lettuce till she saw a snail on the one leaf.... Then she would not set foot in the garden.

3. Jim thought Penn dot had been here because her and Sarah then sat in their lawn chairs while I picked lettuce.

4. We made brownies today and had them for snack this afternoon. Katie told me I was the best baker in the whole world and I made the best brownies... Ummmm no, that would be Duncan Hines.....

5. Both girls love to help in the kitchen and bring their stools out to help me. I try to find small jobs for them since they love to do so much but Sarah always has me laughing when she helps me cause she goes OK COOKER MOMMY. What next cooker mommy?

6. Next week the girls start their swim lessons. Hopefully the weather will warm up some.

7. Next week is such a busy week for us. I have a garden party to go to with my neighbor, a movie date with my niece and a cookout with friends and oh yeah- closing on our old house...

8. Our neighbors dog had puppies and I got to meet them today. she invited the girls down to see them but I am afraid they will cry if they cant have one and they puppies are all spoken for....

9. I was so excited yesterday in the supermarket- Cookie crisp brought back their vanilla cookie crisp (although it has sprinkles this time). Katie decided she had to have it so we bought it and I called my Sis when I got home to tell her (it use to be one of her favs but has not been around for sometime). Jenn- Katie pronounced it dewishous this morning.. It tastes like the old school one!

10. Car carts at the grocery store are the work of the devil! Seriously. I feel like my hair must stand on end by the time I get out of their when I take both kids. They either are fighting for dominance in the car part or they unbuckle the belt and are bolting out the sides as I try to look for stuff.....And then the best part is trying to steer the beast! Its no wonder I come home and am like oh darn I forgot--------.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: