Saturday, May 9, 2009

Well that backfired!

So Katie has been on a kick lately about getting a dog. For some reason she thinks if we have cats we cant have a dog....Not sure where she got this idea from but last nite at dinner she starts in with - its not fair Sarah always gets what she loves best. Jim and I looked at her and I was like what are talking about? She then proceeded to say - Sarah loves kitty cats and I love doggies and we have kitties for Sarah and no doggie for me (insert pouty face here). So Jim and I quickly reminded her that she was the one who wanted Daisy and then Fifi and that she picked them out and named them etc..... So then she tells me we should just give them to another family. So I then attempted to explain that when you take in a pet you make a commitment to that pet and you don't just give them away. I then said to her- what if I decided I didn't like you anymore and I decided to give you away- how would you feel? She thought for a minute and then answered - Just make sure its a nice family!

Lol- I guess my point was lost on her so we went with a different tactic and explained how much more work a dog is.......

No comments: