Thursday, June 11, 2009

Whew! What a day!

So here is my 1o for today

1. I took the girls to the library today. What the heck was I thinking? It was a miserable rainy overcast day and everyone and their brother had the same idea. God Bless those women working there- it was a madhouse. People returning books, people checking books and movies out. people bringing their kids for different play groups or just to play with everything the library has to offer.

2. Which brings me to my next thing. The library had neat little stations for the kids to play with.... But really could you watch your kids while they are at these stations? Most parents did but this one woman just kept leaving her son and wandering all over the library. And the kid was a BRAT. He was hoggingthe play kitchen and the food and everytime my kids tried to play with it he grabbed it from them and he made another little girl cry cause he would not share....

3. They have a music station at the library. Its a little piano and a Xilaphone. this boy about 8 seriously kept hitting the same key over and over again on the piano.... We walked out of the childrens; section and my ears pretty much cried in relief....

4. I absolutely adore Sondra Boyton and we got a book we don't own out of the library and I have read it so many times to both girls already that I am amazed that I dont have it memorized yet!

5. I got some recommendations for new authors so I got a few books out for myself... But if anyone has any recommendations I will take them!

6. I have a 4 year old going on 13. She told me I was a mean mom because I didnt let her have her way with something... 5 hours later she was still harping on it..... Then she told me she wasnt going to talk to me for the rest of the nite ( as I was putting her to bed -hahaha).

7. We went out with my cousin and his fiance last week for dinner. We went to a local mexican restaurant that has a pretty friendly kids menu. Katie ordered a grilled cheese sandwhich. It came she started eating it and about half way though the meal she goes hey where is my tomato soup?? I guess she is a pretty routine kid huh? What makes it funnier is whenever we have that she never eats the soup just the sandwhich...

8. We went to conneticut last weekend to see Jims family. The hotel had an indoor pool and the girls were estatic to go swimming. We got to the hotel room and they immediately began stripping to get in their suits....

9. We put them in swimmies and were amazed at how well they did. Sarah is so close to swimming with nothing on and does fantastic with them on. Katie did great as well and was floating on her back and everything. We go for a swim test on Sat for a class they are taking in July. This will place them for the class and we also put up our pool as well... I think we are going to have a fun summer....

10. We have had Sarah in her crib converted as a toddler bed but now we are looking into getting her a twin sized bed. My baby is getting so big!!!

Take care and have a great weekend!

No comments: