Thursday, April 23, 2009

Splash Lagoon

So we left Monday morning to go to Splash Lagoon in Erie with the Harmon clan and Bear. After a grueling car trip- gotta love rt 80 in the spring (all construction), we arrived at our destination. The girls had a blast and really loved the place. The loved going down the slides in the toddler area and playing with the water pipes there too.... Sarah also loved getting in the float and going with Momma in the lazy river and going under the water tunnel.... We had a blast singing "I want my River Back" from the Backyardigans and then every time we went through the water tunnel we would sing "we did it" from Dora.

So where are the Pictures you might ask... Ummm yeah- its a water park - filled with pre-teen boys who love to climb this tower in the center where you can shoot water from water guns and dump water from buckets.... Yeah and they are NOT disconcerting on who they shoot. So there was no way I was taking my camera down there and getting pics....

Here is the link if you want to see what the place is like:
http://www.splashlagoon.com/waterpark.html

I was really proud of how well my girls did. They loved the slides and kept going down them.. Jim and I felt like factory workers by the end because one of us each took a girl and would catch them take to them to the side and they would run up and go down again. I was especially proud of Katie who by the end of our stay was going down the slides all by herself and was not upset if she went under a little bit( the deepest part of the toddler area was 18 inches deep).

I also have to give a big shout out to Courtney and Christopher who spent a lot of time catching the girls as well and helping out. They did not have to stay with us but were happy to stay there and play with the girls.... I have such a great niece and nephew!!!

We loved the place so much we are thinking of going back in the fall.....

No comments: