Thursday, April 30, 2009

10 on Thursday...

1. Haha- I bet some of you were betting I would forget and would not do this today :)

2. Goodbye Binkies! On Monday the binkie fairy came and took Sarah's binkies for all the new babies. In its place she left a stuffed boots doll (the monkey from Dora). Sarah wanted nothing to do with it and screamed bloody murder at bedtime for the fairy to GIVE IT BACK!!! I GET THEM ALL BY MYSELF! Its getting better but its taking some time...

3. While Sarah wanted nothing to do with Boots, Katie cried that she did not have a stuffed boots doll. Not the reaction I was expecting to say the least. She keeps trying to get Sarah to give it to her and Jim and I keep interfering....

4. Since the binkie was gone I have been running the girls hard during the day to ensure that Sarah goes to bed and sleeps better at nite. Its been working between the hot weather and playing outside in the sprinkler and with all our outdoor toys. Sarah has after crying for her binkie been going to bed and sleeping really sound through the nite. On Tuesday I apparently played with them really hard because both kids were sound asleep and in their bed by 745 pm. Jim and I were in a state of shock that we actually got to watch NCIS in real time instead of off the DVR.
5. The only down side of being able to watch TV in real time- not being able to forward the commercials.....

6. Yesterday while Katie was at pre-school, Sarah and I ran to the store and I bought a few things. Among them more apples and bananas for my fruitaholics and I saw slices of watermelon and bought that too. Katie was beyond thrilled and got so excited for watermelon- its her favorite! I really love that she gets that excited for watermelon- more then for candy!

7. Last weekend we had Courtney down to watch the girls while Jim and I worked down at the old house- clearing it out and doing some touch ups for sale.... Courtney and Bear took both kids to Super Jump- a local place here that has the inflatable obstacle courses and slides.... Both kids had a blast! And God love Courtney. Sarah is still kinda small and a little afraid. So Courtney carried her through the obstacle course and the up the slide - Sarah went down by herself but Courtney did all the hard work! And apparently they once again wore those girls out because both of them took good naps (Its rare for Katie to nap and Sarah has been on a nap strike for about a month now.

8. I have started walking with my next door neighbor around the neighborhood. WE do the lap around 3x. Let me tell you that ends up to be about 2 miles all together.... Plus I push a double stroller with 60lbs of kids in there on some days!!!

9. When we went to get Courtney last weekend the girls had been busy playing with their dress up clothes and tea set so I told them they could ride in the car in their dress up clothes. On the way home, Katie had to go potty. Luckily there was a gas station near by and I pulled in and took her into the gas station in full princess dress and her cars shoes... Lol- we definitely earned lots of smiles that day.

10. Tomorrow the girls and I are going over to the Penn College Earth Science Center for the annual garden sale. Kids grow stuff for classes through the semester and then they sell it at the end of the semester.... Should be a fun "field trip".

Have a great weekend!

No comments: