Saturday, March 12, 2011

Out of mouth of babes

So as you may or may not know, I have been going through the Catholic church's RCIA program to convert to catholicism. The other nite we were at the table and I said to Jim just a few short weeks and I will be catholic. Katie then asked when she would be catholic. We explained that she was already catholic as she had been baptised catholic. This lead to a conversation of who had baptised her (father greg) and Sarah (father paul). Sarah then asked Bear - who baptised you? Katie very quickly replied JESUS! We were all laughing......

So Katie and Aidan our little neigbor down the street have decided they are boyfriend and girlfriend. Katie has even written him a love note. And now she asked him to kiss her the other day.... I took her aside and explained she is too young to be kissing boys. When she is older it will be ok but not now. That led to When I am 10 can I kiss boys? For some reason 10 is a magic age for her. I explained that no 10 was still too young and that probably more like 15 or 16. To which she exclaimed Bubba is 15 does that mean he can kiss boys??? After I stopped laughing, I explained that bubba might prefer to kiss girls but yes he is old enough to kiss......

No comments: