Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday Dinners

I love Sunday dinners. Big dinners with lots of family around or just our small family. I love the tradition of it and I love cooking these dinners. Sure I usually make a huge mess that Jim shudders at but overall I just love the warmth and good feelings that these dinners give me. I also like to think that I am setting some traditions up for the girls to follow. Todays dinner was a spiral cut ham, mashed potatoes, green beans and cauliflower. plus Homemade pumpkin pie for dessert.

Dinner was a huge hit with the girls. Both girls ate well of the ham and Katie did good on her mashed potatoes and ate all her veggies.... Sarah, I am proud to say actually tried a bit of cauliflower tonite. She didnt like it but at least she tried it.... Then both girls ate not one but 2 pieces of pumkin pie for dessert! Sarah was cramming the first piece in her mouth as fast as she could. Katie kept telling me it was the bestest pie ever! They both made mommy feel good... And of course I need to thank Meemee since it is her recipe......

I made the mashed potatoes from potatoes from our friends farm. I always struggle with homemade potatoes because I never seem to get them to mash as finely as I want. I usually have lumpy potatoes. I was commenting on that tonite when Katie told me she new how to make them better. She came over and whispered in my ear the secret to making good mashed potatoes...... Are you ready for it?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Is to start with good potatoes.... So now I know....... LOL

Take care

No comments: