Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Summertime, Vacation and sickness

So I love summertime. I love all the yummy food that comes with Summertime! We went to the farmers market and I got lots of yummy veggies and blueberries and cherries..... I have been eating blueberries I think for a better part of 2 weeks now. Part of the farmers market brings me back to my own childhood. how you ask? Well this week I bought fresh green beans and peas. Katie helped me prepare both and was eating string beans raw from the bowl and giggling when we would shuck peas and they would go flying. It brought me back to my own childhood and helping my mom do both and snitching from the bowl.... I have to confess I snuck some raw peas when we were done shelling them....

I had to laugh - the farmers market has many yummy treats and bakery items... However I had the only child yelling GREEEN BEAN GREEEN BEAAAANNNNS I WANT GREEN BEANS.....

So this week I took vacation and kept the girls home with me so we could do fun stuff. Monday started off well- we went to the park and then played in our back yard with play doh. However this morning things took a turn for the worse when Sarah woke up with a fever and a barking cough. Off we went to the Dr's and yup she has croup... I jinxed myself I swear- I was thinking the other day how much healthier the kid have been and how I haven't had to go to the Dr for them.... YEAHHHHH what was I thinking.... So now we had to cancel all the plans we had for the week and hopefully we might be able to do something later in the week when she is feeling better.....

Oh and all the veggies are helping- I have lost 9.2 lbs total so far...

Take care and hope all is well in your world.

No comments: