Sunday, June 22, 2008

Its not easy being green....

So Jim went to this conference and came back with a TON of freebies. One of things he brought back was 2 reusable shopping bags from Microsoft and 1 reusable shopping bag from Dell. Cool! I said and immediately snatched them. I had been wanting to start using reusable bags! So off I went to the grocery store and purchased 2 more. I was so pleased. What would normally be 10 bags of stuff (cause you know when they bag at the store they only put 3 items max in a bag) cam home in these 5 bags with room to spare..... I was so proud of myself. Now shamefully I have been to the store 3 times since and every time have forgotten the bags to take! I think I am just gonna keep them in the car so I remember them.....

We had a garage sale yesterday and were able to get rid of a lot of big ticket baby items. I was excited cause now we have some room to move in our basement..... Today we decided to pack a picnic lunch and went to the park. We ate by the playground and then the girls took their pails and shovels and played in the sand box and on the other toys for awhile. Then they played Frisbee and then we got back in the car and drove to the other side of the park to go to the duck pond. We had some bread left over from our sandwiches and we thought we would feed them.... Now these ducks are pretty used to getting fed so as soon as we started towards them with our bag of bread they came running over. It was kinda funny to watch Katie who was all excited to see them till they started coming over to us! She then freaked out and started walking backwards. But they kept coming towards her.... I have to say some of the ducks and geese are pretty brazen- one grabbed my pant leg and pulled on it to get some bread.... Then we left there and went to the pet store where Sarah and Katie got new fishies and we got a new plecko which our tank desperately needed....Then we took a drive out to Eders and got some ice cream... Both girls loved the ice cream.... It was a very nice way to spend the day.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments: